Saturday, November 29, 2008

Friday 11/28/08

Today was my last full day in San Jose. It’s crazy to think it’s been months now since that nerve-racking arrival in the San Jose airport when people, places and the life ahead of me was foreign. Now I look back and smile at those times as Costa Rica has become home and a place of familiarity, family, and friends. When I woke up, Mami and Papi had to head to the hospital and so it was just Pamela and I for the morning. I spent the morning packing and sorting through all my stuff. I needed to go to LASP to drop off some money, but had to wait until Pamela woke up because she wanted to come with me. She didn’t wake up until 12:30, so we got a bit of a late start to our trip. We took a taxi to LASP, quickly dropped off my money and then headed into San Jose for a nice lunch together. We headed to the open market so I could buy some last minute items, ran into a bunch of my friends doing the same thing, and then headed home. Pamela really wanted to bake something with me and so I taught her and some cousins how to make sugar cookies. Later in the evening we had a nice last family dinner and reflected back on these fast last 3 months. After dinner my family asked if I would like to go to a “mirador” (a look-out spot up on a mountain that looks out on the whole valley of San Jose). I of course said yes and we made the commute up the windy mountain. We got to the lookout spot where we went to this amazing bar/restaurant that was decorated in all these old Costa Rican antiques and overlooked the entire city. It was amazing! Everyone ordered hot drinks (except myself, yuck…hot drinks!) and just enjoyed our time together. We finally made our way back to the house around 11:30 and called it a night.

No comments: